- 1 2 to 3 lbs. venison roast Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix
- 2 Tbsp. Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1 Lb. ground coriander
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Trim any fat or sliver skin off the venison roast.
- Mix one pouch of Hi Mountain Seasonings Game Bird & Poultry Brine Mix with 3 1/2 quarts of water. Add the venison roast to the brine and refrigerate for 7 days.
- After refrigerating for 7 days, remove the venison roast from the brine and rinse thoroughly. Soak the venison roast in a water bath for two hours, changing the water once during this process. Remove the venison roast from the water bath and dry with paper towel.
- Place the venison roast on a rack to air dry for one hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the Hi Mountain Seasonings Garlic Rub and coriander together. Liberally cover all sides of the roast with this mixture.
- Set the smoker/pellet grill to 200 degrees F and place the roast in the smoker. Once the internal temperature of the roast reaches 150 degrees F remove from smoker.
- Place the roast on a large piece of tin foil. Pour the beet stock on top of the roast and seal the foil tightly around the roast.
- Place the roast back into the smoker and steam another 30 minutes.
- Remove foil-wrapped venison roast from smoker and carefully take the roast out of the foil.
- Let the venison pastrami rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal cooking temperature has reached 150 degrees F