To make the turkey breakfast sausage:
- 3/4 lb. Wild Turkey Breast
- 1/4 lb. Pork Shoulder
- Hi Mountain Country Style Breakfast Sausage Kit
- Cut the wild turkey and pork shoulder into 1” cubes and run through a meat grinder.
- Add Hi Mountain Country Style Breakfast Sausage seasoning for 1lb of meat, as per instructions, and mix well into the ground meat.
- Run the seasoned ground meat through the grinder one more time. You are now ready to make biscuits and gravy.
To make the biscuits and gravy:
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 lb. uncooked turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbs. salt
- 1/4 tbs. ground pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Bake the biscuits as per package directions.
- Crumble the turkey sausage into a large skillet and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned.
- Using a wire whisk, stir in the salt, pepper and flour.
- Add the milk and stir frequently until the mixture thickens.
- Split open the hot biscuits, pour on the gravy and enjoy!