Iola, Wisconsin (July 19, 2016) – Generations of firearm enthusiasts recognize Gun Digest as the number one annual source for information on the latest guns and related gear. The 71st Edition boasts a premium collection of fascinating articles by the best names in gun writing covering all categories of rifles, handguns and shotguns. It’s the ultimate collection of firearms information in print today. “The World’s Greatest Gun Book” is available now at www.gundigeststore.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other major and specialty retailers.
Inside Gun Digest 2017, 71st Edition Editor Jerry Lee has lined up some of the gun world’s top authors to bring you the latest gun news, insights on historical arms, reports on advanced ammunition components and much more. Plus, new ballistics tables and a catalog of new firearms give plenty of information to peruse. Wayne van Zwoll, James E. House, Rick Hacker, Jim Wilson, Garry James, Phil Massaro, Kevin Muramatsu and many more experts cover what’s new in the realm of firearms. Here’s a sample of what’s inside:
- The Luger pistol’s 117 years of popularity
- Why gun makers are also becoming ammo makers
- The 6.5mm’s rise from obscurity in America
- World War I’s legendary firearms
- Remembering Auto Ordnance’s semi-auto Thompson
- Why the Mauser 98 is the most influential bolt-action ever
- How the Light Brigade’s guns couldn’t save its doomed charge
- The story behind Hank Williams, Jr.’s double rifle
- The Winchester Model 1907, a semi-auto ahead of its time
- A truly fine single-action — the Colt New Frontier
- Suppressors making noise with modern gun owners
- Loving Ruger’s unique No. 1 rifle
- The unsinkable .404 Jeffery
- Remington’s refinements to the semi-auto shotgun
In addition, this year’s “Testfire” department covers the Ruger American Pistol, Smith & Wesson MP-10 .308 Rifle, Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt/.45 ACP Revolver, Sharps .25-45 AR, and Charter Arms Pitbull .45 ACP. For those hunting out vintage gun designs, the always-popular “One Good Gun” informs collectors which firearms are truly worth the time and effort. In this edition, the annual’s writers let shooters in on why the Colt 1860 Army, the Shanghai Colt, and Remington Model 11 are gems worth adding to any gun safe.
A variety of feature articles and field reports have something entertaining and informative for everyone. If you’re interested in handguns, rifles or shotguns, or effective hunting cartridges, historic military arms, new gun tests or fine custom guns – you won’t be disappointed.
Gun Digest 2017, 71st Edition is your go-to resource for all things firearms. Don’t get left behind – buy yours today. Order print or e-book copies of Gun Digest 2017, 71st Edition today from Gun Digest at www.gundigeststore.com or by calling (855) 840-5120 (product number R0172); amazon.com; and barnesandnoble.com. Or find your nearest local bookseller at indiebound.org.
Gun Digest 2017, 71st Edition edited by Jerry Lee, Gun Digest Books
ISBN-13: 978-1-4402-4658-6 ∙ Price: $35.99 ∙ Paperback: 8.25 x 10.875 ∙ 568 Pages