• 4 Canada goose legs (skinless, thighs attached)
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 100 g Thai red curry paste
• 400 ml coconut milk
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 2 tbsp. fish sauce
• 250g vermicelli rice noodles
• Chopped snow peas to garnish
• Chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
• Preheat an oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Place a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat and add the coconut oil.
• Slowly brown the goose legs on all sides and set aside.
• Add the curry paste to the pot and stir for a minute or two until fragrant.
• Add the goose legs back in and toss to coat with the curry paste.
• Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce, and chicken broth and stir to combine everything. The liquid should just cover the legs. If necessary, add more chicken broth.
• Place the container into the oven and let slowly simmer for 3 hours.
• Add the rice noodles to boiling water for 3 minutes.
• Remove the noodles from the water and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
• After three hours, remove the pot from the oven and pull the legs out.
• Cool the legs on a cutting board. Once cool enough to handle, shred the meat from the leg bones and return the meat to the pot.
• In a bowl place a handful of noodles and then ladle the meat and curry broth over top.
• Garnish with chopped snow peas and cilantro.
• Finish with a spoonful of sambal, sriracha, or your preferred hot sauce.